Booking Terms & Conditions
How to Book
If you would like to reserve one of our holiday cottages, booking is easy and direct. We do, however, ask you to read our "Terms and Conditions" thoroughly (see below) before making your booking.
To make a provisional reservation having checked the Availability chart above, please contact us either by telephone or by e-mail using the Booking Request form below. You will find our telephone number at the bottom of every page of the site. Your enquiry will be dealt with promptly.
Having accepted your provisional reservation, we will send you a Booking Form, either by e-mail or by post.
You confirm your reservation by returning the signed Booking Form to us, together with your payment of the deposit (25% of the total holiday cost). Provisional reservations are held for up to 7 days to give you time to return your signed Booking Form and to make your deposit payment.
Once your Booking Form and deposit payment have arrived, we acknowledge receipt immediately by e-mail or letter (the "Confirmation Letter" referred to in our Terms & Conditions).
The remaining 75% balance of your rent should reach us no later than 8 weeks before the start date of your holiday. This payment will be acknowledged immediately. At the same time, we will send you the "Final Details" for your holiday with us.
If the start date of your holiday is less than 8 weeks away, please note that you must pay the full amount of the rental at the time of booking.
Terms & Conditions
Please note that these Terms and Conditions should be read before signing and returning the Booking Form
1. The property known as LA FERMETTE, LE FOURNIL or LA FRESNAIE, ("the Property") is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Group Captain and
Mrs N A Colman ("the Owner") to the renter ("the Client").
2.To reserve the Property, the Client should telephone or e-mail to check availability and to make a provisional reservation. The Owner will provide a Booking Form for the Client to complete and return and will hold the provisional reservation for 7 days to allow time for the Booking Form to be returned.
3. To confirm the booking, the Client will return the completed Booking Form and will pay the initial rental deposit of 25% of the total rent due. This deposit is not refundable. A booking made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period requires full payment of the rental due, at the time of booking.
4. Following receipt of the completed Booking Form and rental payment, the Owner will send a notice of confirmation, normally by email, which is the formal acceptance of the booking.
5. The balance of the rent is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. However, in the event of a cancellation by the Client, he/she will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
6.Clients should ensure that they arrange appropriate holiday insurance to cover all risks, including holiday cancellation. Once the booking has been accepted by the Owner, the Client becomes liable for payment of the full rent. If cancellation of the booking becomes necessary, the Owner will still require payment of the balance of the rent, if not already paid. If insurance cover has not been arranged, the Owner will require payment of the rent none the less. Please take into account that the small extra expense of an insurance policy will ensure that the deposit is covered, as well as the balance payment. The Owner will provide proof of any payment(s) to the Client’s insurer to facilitate a claim.
7. In the event of a cancellation, the Owner will attempt to re-let the property. Subject to Clauses 2, 3 and 4, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing (e.g. late advertising) will be deducted from the refundable amount.
8.Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. logs) should be settled locally with the Owner before departure.
SECURITY DEPOSIT - Please note that in accordance with these Booking Conditions, a Security Deposit of 120 Euros or £100 Sterling is required in cash on arrival in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents, or for additional cleaning charges (see Clause 11). However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the client for the Security Deposit and will refund the deposit, less any deductions, at the end of the holiday period.
9.The Rental Period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated, and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in the accommodation after the time stated.
The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed SIX (plus a baby sleeping in a cot) for either LA FERMETTE or LA FRESNAIE, and FOUR (plus a baby sleeping in a cot) for LE FOURNIL.
10. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property, and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Rental Period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition, and/or in respect of any breakages or damages by the Client. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to residents in the neighbouring properties.
11. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden. Arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
12.The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property, and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Rental Period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition, and/or in respect of any breakages or damages by the Client. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to residents in the neighbouring properties.
13.The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden. Arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
14. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden;
for any loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner;
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period, and in any such event the Owner shall, within 7 days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
15, Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of, or in connection with, this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
The following payment options are available for UK residents wishing to pay in £ sterling, and anyone resident outside the Eurozone:
online bank payment through BACs
manual bank to bank transfer
international bank payments through the CHAP system
If you are resident in a Eurozone country and wish to pay in Euros, we are happy to accept payment in Euros, either by cheque or by CHAP bank payment. Sterling rent figures will be converted to Euros and fixed at the exchange rate prevailing at the time of booking.
We regret that we are unable to accept direct payment to us by either debit or credit card.
At any stage, you are most welcome to contact us by phone, letter or e-mail for further information or advice.